Tuesday 30 September 2014

More Online Shopping Woes and Recent Purchases

<huge sigh>

If there are any more incoming and outgoing transactions from my bank account to Evans we're going to get investigated for money laundering.

I treated myself to one of the reduced Scarlett & Jo prom dresses last week (and threw in a bra too, I'm in desperate need of a black bra) and they arrived yesterday. Up I skipped to the bedroom with my bag of loveliness and started flinging my clothes off with the enthusiasm of a stripper. Sadly though, so very sadly <weep>, it wasn't right on me. The shoulders were oddly too loose, the lining inside was tight across the tummy (not the outer layer strangely, just the lining) and again, as happened last week, the length just didn't work on me. It just made me look a frump. I don't know what sort of weird talent I have - I appear to be able to take a beautiful dress and give it the sex appeal of a nun's habit just by trying it on.

And DON'T even get me started on the bra. Not only did it give me a bizarre 6 boob affair (the regular 2, the overspill 2 and the side boob 2), the back strap was hideously tight. D cup my arse.

So I flung both bra and dress out of the window in rage, much to the amusement of my window cleaner.

No, I didn't really. I wrapped them back up like the good little internet shopper that I am and consoled myself with the only logical choice. MORE internet shopping.

So, en route we have:










(Not quite sure about this to be honest but thought it was worth a punt for £7.00)

I also won a rather fabulous denim jacket on Ebay (brand new, originally from Asos Curve) which I think would look superb with any of the above frocks. Fingers crossed the bloody thing fits okay and isn't too long on the arms or some other bizarre issue. 

Hopefully (assuming dresses are okay!) there should be some OOTD posts coming soon. Haven't managed any in the last week as I've been full of a horrible cold and, frankly, looking like utter shite. Aside - where DOES all the snot come from when one has a cold? 

xxx



Ps. Code for 15% off at Simply Be, no minimum spend: UJQU3









4 comments:

  1. Feel better soon! I constantly have something to send back. I've got a parcel that's been eyeing me up for a few days now. I hate returning parcels but it's better than paying for everything. :P x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent 3 back yesterday (thank goodness for Asos and Evans though with their free returns!). I used to be awful for it, would leave it too late so end up putting the item on eBay and be lucky to get back half what I'd paid for it! Cheers chicken, the cold seems to be finally buggering off but I've got a terrible hacking cough (v. attractive) which is proving a proper nusiance! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got 5 packets at work today. Some things I had ordered and others were blogger mail from lovely companies. I hope you feel better soon. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loads better now, thanks Mookie :-) xx

      Delete