Wednesday 8 October 2014

Barry M Textured Nail Effect in Countess.

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted. Life is crazy busy at the moment with all sorts of crap going on (mainly work related) but it's not that sort of blog (yet!) so you'll be pleased to know I won't bored you with the details ;-)

I removed my acrylic nails last week as I can't afford to have them done at the moment (see afore mentioned work woes) - I do feel a bit Samson without his hair but at least it gives me a good excuse to try out new nail polishes.

This one I'm going to review now isn't even mine! I pinched it from the daughter as I spotted it, swooped in like a magpie and had to try it. I've never tried any polishes from Barry M before but on learning they're around the £3.99 mark I'm sure this one won't be the last.









My goodness, I love it! It looks a bit brown in the bottle (not in my photos I know, must be due to the flash) but the glitter appealed to me anyway... it's a gorgeous, deep purple with flecks of gold and pink. I used 2 coats and then 2 coats of top coat (OPI Top Coat; it's my favourite top coat as it's got a lovely wide brush for easy application) as it wasn't quite shiny enough for me after one coat. It went on like a dream and dried super fast between coats. I'll be interested in it's staying power, for such a bargain price. It does feel a little bit rough to the touch but that's not really a complaint, it is a textured polish after all. It just feels a bit strange for me as I'm used to smooth and shiny!

I have got lots of posts planned and work permitting, should be posting them over the next few days. I've got a couple of new dresses to do OOTD for, some reviews from my Latest in Beauty beauty box and some fabulous jewellery to show (and some superb customer service to share with you) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment