Sunday 19 October 2014

Chanel Duo Platinum Holographic and Silver Nail Polishes.

I own a pretty decent collection of nail polishes but my 2 absolute favourites (I couldn't narrow it down to one!) are 2 Chanel polishes; both of which are sadly long since discontinued (but don't worry, I have recommendations for dupes for them both) and only available on eBay occasionally for madly inflated prices.

The first one is Holographic, a beautiful shimmery silver which is the best holographic I've ever owned. It literally glows every colour of the rainbow in the light. I don't use it very often mainly due to the fact that I'll more than likely never be able to get it again but also because it doesn't benefit from a top coat (it takes away the holographic effect) so it never lasts very long.




Spot the little nosey nose in the top right of the picture?!

Silly dog just moving out of view here!


The second one is Metallic Silver which is literally like mirrors on your nails (you can actually see your reflection in them!). This too only gets used rarely as I will cry the day it runs out!






One negative for both of these polishes is the application. I would really expect better from Chanel to be honest. The brushes are really narrow so each coat is quite time consuming. I much prefer a nice wide brush, I find it makes application easier and more importantly, much neater. On the plus side though, they both dry very quickly but the silver, like the holo, isn't very long lasting due to not being able to wear a top coat (well, you could I suppose but it ruins the look so you might as well just go for a plain silver if you're going to do that).

According to people in the know (Nail Polish bloggers) the following are very good duplicates for both polishes:

For the holographic, this one from Gosh looks a damm good likeness to me and for £3.99 it's worth a bash. I'll be investing in this one myself as soon as I can get to Superdrug: Gosh Holographic Hero £3.99!!

For the silver, this one is highly recommended as a great alternative: China Glaze Platinum Silver again, £3.99! Surely worth the risk for less than a fiver!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment