Wednesday 15 October 2014

Ciate Nail Polish - Boudoir.

So, after my slightly disappointing start with my Ciate advent calender, I decided to give it another chance with another shade and I chose Boudoir, a gorgeous bright red: Boudoir I am pleased to report I love this one... application was dreamy, it was perfectly acceptable after one coat (if you were in a huge rush) but after 3 coats and a top coat it really comes to life. It's super shiny and really glows. I am love with this polish, I genuinely am!

24 hours on and there was one tiny chip on the little finger nail of my right hand but trust me, for me that is excellent. Every polish I wear, without exception, chips on day 1 for me. From the most expensive down to the cheapest bargain bin polishes, they all chip within 24 hours. I think I must have really shit quality nails maybe because it genuinely doesn't matter what I do... whether I use a base coat or not... or if I use a top coat or not, it always chips. I'm sure it's me and my substandard nails as I'm always reading reviews of polishes I've got that last for days for other people and I'm there, staring sadly at my tatty manicure thinking "I wish".






2 days later and there are small chips on 6 of the nails but 4 of these are on my right hand which is my dominant hand and today especially, I've been very busy. Usually after 2 days there's barely any polish left on my nails so, by my usual standards, I'm really pleased with this. 

Like the last Ciate polish I used, it does seem to take quite a while to dry between coats and there were a few small dents and smudges visible the next morning but nothing that stood out too much.

Overall I'm really happy with this one and am looking forward to the next one... the only difficult decision is which one to try next! 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment